Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Help From The Old-Timer's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Help From The Old-Timer's

    Please tell me the stories about going to "trade" and taking $50 to the store and filling the back of your truck with groceries for the month, because I am having a hard time believing that there ever was a time like that. I walked out of Wal-Mart today able to carry much more than 50 bucks worth of eats in my hands. BTW much respect to my better half for handling the household shopping duties. I think from time to time us fellers take the ladies for granted. She is respected and appreciated, and today reminded me why. I spent an hour walking 2 miles worth all over the store getting stuff from my ist, knowing that she could take that same list and be done in 20 minutes. As MikMo has said, everytime you go to Wally World you see something that makes you shake your head. Today's sight: as I was heading back to my Cruiser to put up the grub, I notice (I am an avid bumper-sticker reader) a bumper sticker that says "You just got passed by a girl". Now there's nothing funny about that except that IT WAS ON A CHEVY ASTRO VAN???? WTF. I had to chuckle. Maybe it was just me. Now had that sticker been on a Vett, Viper, something like that, no biggie, but to roll in the PL with your mommy's flea-market van with that on the bumper is messed up.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #2
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    Back in my youth, I mowed yards. My highest paying yard was $2.25, and it took about 2 hours. I thought that was big time. I could take a quarter and buy a soda pop and a pack of nabs and have money left over. I mowed one yard for an old lady that helped take care of me when I was a baby for 25 cents. I don't really want to go back to the good ole days.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    back when I first started driving leaded gas was .52 per gallon and I had $20 per week and it lasted me evey easy. hardly ever did I have to ask my parents for some extra money
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    LOL, try 28 cents a gallon

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    Was watching Dukes of Hazzard awhile back and a sign at a local gas station was for 45 per.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    My girlfriend makes fun of me constantly because I call it "going to trade." To beat it all, she's from Kentucky! First time I mentioned that to her, she said "You're going to trade what?"

    I can remember going to Cas Walkers' in Appy with my mother when I was young and her spending around 150 and having a buggy and a half full of groceries to do us for the month.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    Oh, talking about every time you go to the store, seeing something out of the ordinary...Took my boys' mother to Food City today and her and the oldest went in. All of a sudden, I hear my youngest yell "Dad, look!" It was Chris Kelly riding through the parking lot on a bike, with a big helmet on, just talking to himself to beat the band. Matthew and I just looked at each other and burst into laughter.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member DawgFan3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2003
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    Shewww...Don't even get me started on the Chris "Dobber" Kelly stories..haha

  9. #9
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    Please...do share! Lets hear one because I've got one just itching to be posted!
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member dirt34's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Help From The Old-Timer's

    What made Dobber become a Vikings fan. When I was growing up I can remember he was always saying "Go Dawgs", always thougth him and Peanut might have made a good half-time brawl.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •